Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rosie with a Reason



Just finished Rosie.  I think I mentioned it in my last post - it was the book on the bottom of the stack...but it was unopened.  Once I opened it, I read it straight through.

My mother and I have been visiting various book sales and getting great prices.  The last sale I got ten books for ten bucks.  Can't beat that!  Well, actually you can.  See, if you go to the Falmouth Library Sale - uh, wait, should I be telling my secret? - on the very last day, it's a buck for a bag of books!

I am such a nerd.

So I picked this book out at the Presbyterian Church Rummage Sale - Charlie thought it was a rubbage sale, hehe - because it was by Anne Lamott.  After reading the first few pages I made it a book mark.  On it I wrote: I think I wrote this book the day I was born.

Really I related less and less the further I got into the book but it was still an enjoyable read.  To me it had a To Kill a Mockingbird type feel.  Glad I picked it, this time based on its name Rosie.  My car is named Rosie, Charlie's favorite guinea pig is named Rosie...so it was only natural.  Duh.

2 comments:

Tahlia said...

I wonder if 'Lethal Inheritance' by Tahlia Newland might be your next ( or may after the next or the next) best read. Have a look on the 'Lethal Inheritance' page of http/:publishersearch.wordpress.com
Read ch 1 and see what you think.

If you like YA fantasy, I can guarantee you'll love it.

Ponywriter said...

I will check it out...just started reading Crooked Little Heart but soon will need a new read!

Books, Books, and More Books