Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Slipped

So I was reading Memoirs of a Geisha, but then the library called and said my book came in.  Not so neatly stacked on my night stand are the following books:

Another Life Altogether by Elaine Beale
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Unless by Carol Shields
Rosie by Anne Lamott

I know exactly how this happens.  Why is a different story...

I was telling my mom the other day...books seem to come into my life in a particular order.  They follow specific themes. (Oh, on the table on the other side of my bed I have The Maeve Binchy Writers' Club by Maeve Binchy)

However it happens, it does.  In fact, think I need to add a few more to the stack.

The one titled Unless is very interesting.  Once I read a bit of it, the title made more sense.  The kind of sense it should make if you really thought about it when you handled it during buy or put back decision process.  Which apparently, I hadn't. 

My point being, I have not yet been hooked.  Plenty of titles, yet no inspiration to read on.

The search continues...for that most perfect book.

No comments:

Books, Books, and More Books