Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Some Simultaneous Reading

Had a pretty long stretch there of reading straight through - but now I seem to be doing a bit of switching around.  I am reading Hard Laughter but I am kind of grossed out as it is a first edition and it is from the library.  I can't help but think of George Castanza and the art book in the bathroom episode.  I get sceeved out by airplane headrests and theater seats.  This books has crumbs and smudges dating back to the 80s.  

ugh.

So I like the story - and that it is Lamott's first - I so do not like the DNA factor. (body shudder) bbbbbllllaaahhhhh

I am LOVING Operating Instructions though and seeing as it is mine the yuk factor is way lower. 

Got a little Dark Side of the Inner Child going on casually.  The Enigma of Arrival strewn across another bedside table and two Horvath library check-outs at a safe distance from my pillow.

I am arranging the book shelf in the corner of my room by color.  Hands down I have the most books with blue covers with green and white both tied for second.  I wonder if this would be considered a true sampling or skewed by my love of aestetics.  Probably the latter as they represent my desired color palatte and we all know of my true motive for choosing books.

No comments:

Books, Books, and More Books